365 - 8

Saturday, August 8, 2009 | |

There's a quilt on my head...I know...the reason for it is due to the fact that I've been trying to find this very quilt since it first came out in stores. I've waited for it to go on sale and when it finally did there were never any left...well my friends I finally found one, and on sale too. So I snatched that thing up like the whole store was going to catch on fire and ran quilt in tow to the closest register and bought it! Let me tell you, it's going to be a phenomenal quilt. First, it's beautiful...oh yes it is, it's all the colors of the pastel rainbow, yummy! Second, it tickles the senses by the vastness of it's color pallet. Third, it's "homey"...that's right I said it, homey. It brings back memories of warm winter nights and rainy days. It gives the illusion of familial comfort and rest you can't help but love!!! I know what you're thinking..."but it's just a quilt!", yes my friends it is just a quilt...but a quilt can become a lot of things when you use your imagination...and that's what this quilt represents...imagination, the varied colors of life and love and all that comes between the two (I'm thinking Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, anyone, anyone???).

Here's to dreaming all the colors of the technicolor rainbow.
(And a tribute to all the crazy fun dreams I keep having lately)
Ray

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

About the Paparazzi...

So you may be wondering who I am...well look no further! I am a fun and funky photographer that has a wild obsession with color and taking pictures, hence the name "Kaleidoscope Paparazzi". I'm diving into the fabulous world of photography and wanting to share my work with others. Hope you enjoy. Contact me via this website if you're interested in booking a photo session with me. I can't wait to meet you!

Looking forward to what lies ahead on this road of people, places, and faces!

Ray ;)

Defining Moments...

ka⋅lei⋅do⋅scope

[kuh-lahy-duh-skohp] Show IPA
–noun
1. an optical instrument in which bits of glass, held loosely at the end of a rotating tube, are shown in continually changing symmetrical forms by reflection in two or more mirrors set at angles to each other.
2. a continually changing pattern of shapes and colors.
3. a continually shifting pattern, scene, or the like: The 1920s were a kaleidoscope of fads and fashions.

Origin:
1817; < class="ital-inline">kal(ós) beautiful + eîdo(s) shape + -scope



pa⋅pa⋅raz⋅zo

[pah-puh-raht-soh; It. pah-pah-raht-tsaw] Show IPA –noun, plural -raz⋅zi [-raht-see; It. -raht-tsee] Show IPA . a freelance photographer, esp. one who takes candid pictures of celebrities for publication.

Looking Through the Kaleidoscope

My photo
Augusta, GA, United States