365 - 2

Sunday, August 2, 2009 | |

Day 2 and I've somehow remembered to post this second photo. I've been thinking more about this project and how it is going to be so much fun! I hope that this project inspires others to do one themselves, or to do one of something else...There are so many things out there that facinate and inspire me and I could think of a million things that would be photo worthy for a year...a baby, a tree, a pet, your family, oh I don't know the list could go on and on. If you have an idea let me know and comment on this blog to share the idea.

If this photo says anything about today it would be "thinking". I have been thinking about life and the future and where that winding road is headed. I have also been thinking frankly about my walk with God. I don't know about you all but sometimes I get the feeling that God just isn't too happy with me. That he's overly disappointed. I think you know what I'm talking about. Well that got me thinking about my position before God as a follower and believer in his Son, someone who has given my whole life to the Lord, who loves Him. You know what came to mind first? This quote from a book I've been reading, it says...

"The Bible says that two fundamental things characterize those who are in Christ. First, there has been a radical change in the core of our being. The bible says that our hearts of stone have been replaced by hearts of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 says, 'I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.' Paul is referring to the same thing when he says we are a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). This Wonderful reality does not mean that we have become perfect, but that our hearts are malleable, sensitive, and alive to God."
- Relationships: A mess worth making

That's what I realized, that I forget that I will NEVER be perfect. I see that sin, and the dirt in my heart and I think it will never be changed, but God has said that I have become a new creation. That my heart is malleable and sensitive and alive to God my father and that is what is most important! I must never stop coming before Him presenting my weaknesses, never forgetting that I NEED Him everyday, in everything, every situation, and every decision. No matter where this road is headed I know that I must focus on Him and know that I am not perfect. My heart belongs to the only one that can change it and He is God! Sometimes it's good to think about these things so that we can be reminded about the truth of our identity.

Ray

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

About the Paparazzi...

So you may be wondering who I am...well look no further! I am a fun and funky photographer that has a wild obsession with color and taking pictures, hence the name "Kaleidoscope Paparazzi". I'm diving into the fabulous world of photography and wanting to share my work with others. Hope you enjoy. Contact me via this website if you're interested in booking a photo session with me. I can't wait to meet you!

Looking forward to what lies ahead on this road of people, places, and faces!

Ray ;)

Defining Moments...

ka⋅lei⋅do⋅scope

[kuh-lahy-duh-skohp] Show IPA
–noun
1. an optical instrument in which bits of glass, held loosely at the end of a rotating tube, are shown in continually changing symmetrical forms by reflection in two or more mirrors set at angles to each other.
2. a continually changing pattern of shapes and colors.
3. a continually shifting pattern, scene, or the like: The 1920s were a kaleidoscope of fads and fashions.

Origin:
1817; < class="ital-inline">kal(ós) beautiful + eîdo(s) shape + -scope



pa⋅pa⋅raz⋅zo

[pah-puh-raht-soh; It. pah-pah-raht-tsaw] Show IPA –noun, plural -raz⋅zi [-raht-see; It. -raht-tsee] Show IPA . a freelance photographer, esp. one who takes candid pictures of celebrities for publication.

Looking Through the Kaleidoscope

My photo
Augusta, GA, United States